I read an email this week forwarded to me from one person to another. It was vile and vitriolic and I wondered how the person was who it was addressed to.
I was shocked that this was not from some juvenile delinquent but a respected member of their community.
I was even more shocked that it was from a Christian leader within the Church addressed to their own Christian leader.
Clearly they need to go back to the classroom to learn how to hold the right attitude.
It is hard to understand a list of conduct dated over 2,000 years ago. We are in 2023 how can it be still for us today? I think we are helped knowing that life for the Christian in Peter’s day was significantly more difficult than for us in this Western world of ours.
“For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honour the emperor. (1 Peter 2 v 15-17)
Here are the 6 attitudes:
- Do good – even when you are criticised.
- Live as free – but still pay your taxes and obey the law.
- Show respect – on all people not just the nice ones.
- Love the Church – they are God’s family, they belong to Him.
- Fear God – walk under His gaze even when you write an email.
- Honour the ruler – emperor, king, government, even if they kill Christians as Peter’s emperor did, for it is the office you honour not necessarily the ruler.
Today choose the right attitude to live.
One Reply to “This is what you must do: Have the right attitude in life.”
We need a re-set…