The reason for your life part 6
Coming to the end of this year we have examined how Paul defends his purpose for living. 10 points:
1. Living with purpose keeps the important issues important.
2. Living with purpose leaves no concern for popularity.
3. Living with purpose can be taught but also caught from God.
4. Living with purpose is caught in the desert places.
5. Living with purpose builds your testimony.
6. Living with purpose brings confidence.
7. Living with purpose will have to be defended.
8. Living with purpose is a solid foundation.
9. Living with purpose holds to personal values.
v1 forgiveness and restoration, not judgement and rejection.
Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.
v2 carry problems of others
Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
v3 get rid of pride
If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
v4 continually self-assess.
Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else
v5 be personally responsible
for each one should carry his own load.
v6 support someone else
v7-9 Don’t give up – sow well reap well.
v10 Use every opportunity to bless.
10. Living with purpose will be attacked, v17, you will be branded for Christ.
So often we shy aware from self-examination and instead we analyse the circumstances of our life or people in our lives.
However if we become people who simply follow our purpose in life we will be led less by circumstance and people and driven by purpose.
Now is the time to put these principles in place. If we do, we will rise again and again over every opposition that comes our way.
Lets all sign up to be people of purpose.