7 lessons for those who encourage
Acts 20:2 He travelled through that area, speaking many words of encouragement to the people, and finally arrived in Greece”
Paul continues now to encourage. It is a season of many words of encouragement.
What would you do if you had many words of encouragement?
I know I am only doing what I am doing today because of many words of encouragement.
Here is what I have learnt from being encouraged and being an encourager with a bible verse to consider:
- Encouragement will take someone to a place they thought they could never enter and get them to do something they thought they would never do. (Deuteronomy 1:38; 3:28)
- Encouragement uses the right words because it has listened to the cry. (Psalm 10:17)
- The result of encouragement is strength. (Acts 15:32)
- Encouragement doesn’t come naturally, it is a gift to be sought. (Romans 12:6,8)
- Encouragement also needs endurance for there to be a future. (Romans 15:4)
- Being an encourager is not easy, it takes effort. (1 Thessalonians 5:14 Msg)
- Encouragement is needed to get people to be where they should be. (Hebrews 10:25)
We will use many words today. Let us use them for encouragement.