Mark 9: 2 “After six days Jesus took Peter, James and John with him and led them up a high mountain, where they were all alone.”
Jesus led them up a mountain that was high. It was tough, tiring and it took time!
That’s what we know about mountains.
We also know:
- The experience of sacrifice e.g. moments of fasting and giving. God called Abraham to a mountain range to kill his son, Genesis 22:1-2
- The experience of phenomena, e.g. the glory on the mountain Moses was called to in Exodus 24:12-18. We have known many manifestations of God’s Spirit.
- The experience of prayer and guidance, e.g. the prayer mountain of Jesus in Luke 6:12-13. We have found guidance from the periods of prayer we have spent with God.
- The experience of divine call and purpose for living, e.g. the mountain of the great commission in Matthew 28:16-20. And today …
- The experience of transformation, e.g. the glory of Christ on the mountain of transfiguration in Matthew 17:1-3. We have known the transformational work of the Spirit in our lives.
All 5 of these mountain experiences were tough, tiring and took time. But it was worth it in the end.
Are you climbing a mountain today?