Whatever you are trying to do, it may look really insignificant, but it can grow into something beyond your imagination. Today you may only have an idea. It doesn’t sound much at all.
But this small idea can surpass your wildest dream. So much so that it can impact today the seed-robbers of yesterday (the birds) and the miracle will not be just the growth of the seed but who later benefits from that growth (who sits in the branches).
“He told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.” (Matthew 13 v 31-32)
- Take hold of that idea. Don’t despise the smallness. Don’t neglect it nor be embarrassed by its size. When you take hold of it then you assume ownership, commitment and authority of it. Don’t give it to anyone else. You are responsible.
- Plant it. This is not burying it though the action looks the same. Both planting and burying are hiding the potential. The difference is that the planting is hiding for a season. Planting involves intent of growth. However initially there is nothing to show for your investment. Patience is plantings friend. Let it sit for a while.
- Watch it daily. Build expectation. In your own garden you can see the plant grow. What good would it be to plant in someone else’s garden or plant where you will never go each day. Every day the man would wake up and look out at where he had planted. He expected growth.
- Let it become something it had been created to become. In your hand it didn’t look like a tree. You never become what you already are. You are meant to change. Further ideas will come to that original idea. It will grow. The idea for sharing your faith with a neighbour or some act of kindness can grow into a whole new way of life for you if you watch it daily
- You will attract into your garden what was previously not there. You planted a seed, it became a tree then you got the birds as a bonus. The power of attraction happens because you kept to the law of sowing. They take the fruit and drop the seeds and life continues.
All from an idea. Go one grab hold of that idea!