Today we look on a baby and celebrate the coming of God from heaven to earth. The good news is that He will come again and make all things new. John sees Heaven come down:-
“I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendour into it. 25 On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. 26 The glory and honour of the nations will be brought into it. 27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.” (Revelation 21:22-27)
When He comes we won’t need what we once had:-
- A place of worship, a church building, a Temple, no sacred/secular divide, the whole place will be sacred.
- The best that creation can offer; the sun and the moon.
- Protection from our enemies; no need to close the gates.
- Cultural division; the splendour of different kings and the glory and honour of nations)
- The struggle to be holy; sin will not be there.
We won’t need this because He will be with us! Immanuel!