Taking a step back
“But they found out about it and fled to the Lycaonian cities of Lystra and Derbe and to the surrounding country”
Paul and his team became aware of the threat to kill from the Jewish and Gentile leaders. If that action had been carried out then their mission journey would have ended. They needed to do something quick and they gathered together and decided to get out of the situation.
Sometimes we need to take a step back:
- When we are made aware that circumstances are going to change. Getting a break from the line of fire is needed.
- When the step back is actually a side step. To do a side step in order to keep going is not a bad thing.
- When to flee is to escape being stopped. To flee is to say to the enemy you will not put a full stop after me.
- When we need to see other places that are in need of God. The step back creates a new vista we were unable to have previously.
- When it opens up more opportunities. Fleeing from the one city of Iconium opened at least 2 cities and the surrounding towns and villages.
Do you need to take a step back today?