Acts 22:29 “Those who were about to interrogate him withdrew immediately. The commander himself was alarmed when he realised that he had put Paul, a Roman citizen, in chains.”
Again Luke uses the word ‘immediately’ which he has used on over 10 other occasions in his book. Though we have to be balanced and realise that life doesn’t always go the way we want it to, I still believe that God can do exceedingly abundantly above all things and do them immediately.
I believe healing can be immediate:
- Acts 9:18 Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptised,
- Acts 9:34 ‘Aeneas,’ Peter said to him, ‘Jesus Christ heals you. Get up and roll up your mat.’ ImmediatelyAeneas got up.
I believe judgment can be immediate:
- Acts 12:23 Immediately, because Herod did not give praise to God, an angel of the Lord struck him down, and he was eaten by worms and died.
- Acts 13:11 Now the hand of the Lord is against you. You are going to be blind for a time, not even able to see the light of the sun.’ Immediatelymist and darkness came over him, and he groped about, seeking someone to lead him by the hand.
I believe there are times we should act immediately:
- Acts 10:33 So I sent for you immediately, and it was good of you to come. Now we are all here in the presence of God to listen to everything the Lord has commanded you to tell us.’
- Acts 16:33 At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediatelyhe and all his household were baptised.
- Acts 17:14 The believers immediatelysent Paul to the coast, but Silas and Timothy stayed at Berea.
I believe there are times when God commands us to act immediately:
- Acts 22:18 and saw the Lord speaking to me. “Quick!” he said. “Leave Jerusalem immediately, because the people here will not accept your testimony about me.”
I believe those who are against us can react with immediacy:
- Acts 21:30 The whole city was aroused, and the people came running from all directions. Seizing Paul, they dragged him from the temple, and immediatelythe gates were shut.
I believe that as immediate as those against us can be then they can also change their actions immediately.
- Acts 22:29 Those who were about to interrogate him withdrew immediately. The commander himself was alarmed when he realised that he had put Paul, a Roman citizen, in chains.
Often we cannot force the immediately and we spend long seasons in the gradual, but it doesn’t stop us believing that today could be a day of immediate miracles, immediate victory, immediate advancement, immediate obedience, immediate attack but also immediate turnaround!
We do serve a God of the immediate!!