5 differences between the ordinary and the not so.
Mark 6: 47 – 52 “Later that night, the boat was in the middle of the lake, and he was alone on land. 48 He saw the disciples straining at the oars, because the wind was against them. Shortly before dawn he went out to them, walking on the lake. He was about to pass by them, 49 but when they saw him walking on the lake, they thought he was a ghost. They cried out, 50 because they all saw him and were terrified. Immediately he spoke to them and said, ‘Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.’51 Then he climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down. They were completely amazed, 52 for they had not understood about the loaves; their hearts were hardened.”
Jesus had wanted the disciples to do the miracle of the feeding of the 5,000. But they had not grasped the potential of what is possible when Jesus is with you.
He has now sent them across the lake knowing a storm was coming. He wanted the disciples to not just survive the storm but perhaps do what he did which was to calm it. But they had not grasped the potential of what is possible when Jesus has sent you and is watching you.
They failed in both events.
The reason why they failed was their lack of revelation of His divinity.
Here are 5 differences between the ordinary and the not so, between those who lack revelation and the Jesus-people.
- Some people at first appear to be advancing forward compared to the Jesus people who prioritise and spend more time in prayer. The disciples had sailed to the middle of the Sea but Jesus was still on a mountainside praying.
- Some people become strugglers in life because of the winds of pressure against them compared to the Jesus people who choose not to struggle. Knowing which battle to fight is the key.
- Some people use all their strength in getting through the storms of life compared to the Jesus people who decide on a different path during the storms, the reliance on God’s strength, the miraculous path, the walking on water path.
- Some people who had a head start and many other privileges don’t necessarily advance at the rate they should have done compared to the Jesus people who not only catch up but are ready to by-pass them because of the speed of the Spirit.
- Some people who are in survival-mode misinterpret miracles and thus miss the miracle-worker compared to the Jesus people who understand there are times to stop walking on water and get into people’s boats to bring about a different miracle, that of calming the storm.