Acts 27:15 “The ship was caught by the storm and could not head into the wind; so we gave way to it and were driven along.”
Amplified: and when the ship was caught in it and could not head against the wind [to gain stability], we gave up and [letting her drift] were driven along.
You can see them come. Storms.
Some choose to run from them but are ultimately caught by them. It is hard to outrun a storm that is heading your way.
You can have 2 options in a storm:
- Face it and try to keep everything balanced in your life.
Paul’s ship struggled to stay balanced and so it drifted.
My thoughts on drifting:
- Drifters will reach any destination but probably not their chosen one.
- Drifters have tried but failed so have given up.
- Drifters have permitted the outside circumstance to dictate their lives.
- Drifters had huge potential, dreams and purpose.
- Drifters are drifting because of perhaps only one bad decision that meant they are today where they should never have been.